Living on Lucky Street

This is the story of a girl who bought a house and lived to tell the tale. And yes, it's really on Lucky Street.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Punytown, Missouri, United States

I am "Master of English!" They still haven't sent me my tights and cape.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

St. Patty's Day Weekend Update


This weekend, Chad put down the concrete board in the kitchen, and began laying tile. The concrete board also had to go down inside the closet, with all it's strange angles, which I know was a challenge.


The plumber came to rough in the plumbing, and he put in shut-off valves so we can hook up the sinks and dishwasher ourselves. The island obviously isn't finished, but in order to set the floor tiles, Chad had to have it in place. Mom will paint the interior and varnish the outside surfaces, then Dad will add the faceframe. The top will be a maple chopping block top that will hang over 11 inches on the back of the cabinet in order to make a breakfast bar. This is going to be such an awesome kitchen!

The first coat of red primer in the dining room is on. Mom will have to finish the painting this week. No, it won't look fuschia when it's all finished. I promise. :)

We returned this afternoon, and Chad had completed laying tile in half of the kitchen. It's going to be so great! I love this floor! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home