Living on Lucky Street

This is the story of a girl who bought a house and lived to tell the tale. And yes, it's really on Lucky Street.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Punytown, Missouri, United States

I am "Master of English!" They still haven't sent me my tights and cape.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Perspective is good.


This was my kitchen in August 2004 (20 months ago), just after Craig broke his ribs and couldn't do any more work on the house. We split up in January of 2005, and I've been on my own (with my parents) on this project ever since. No floor. No walls. Bad old sewer main drain. Massive termite damage. Bad foundation on this side of the house.

And below, this was my downstairs office/bedroom and first floor bathroom in September 2005 (7 months ago). All so bad, it had to be totally removed and rebuilt from the ground up. Here, the contractor is filling in the cistern where an old porch used to be.


It's come a long way, baby. Sometimes I forget just how much work has been done. It's good to look back and marvel once in a while. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

It looks fantastic.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home