Living on Lucky Street

This is the story of a girl who bought a house and lived to tell the tale. And yes, it's really on Lucky Street.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Punytown, Missouri, United States

I am "Master of English!" They still haven't sent me my tights and cape.

Friday, July 21, 2006

The Sunroom Project

I have some photos to post of earlier work that was done on the sunroom, but I want to post the photos from today's efforts. The windows were replaced a few weeks ago when my uncle John came and helped to install them. The drywall was then added to the walls, and the room was ready for the details that will really finish out the room.

I had decided long ago that I want to recreate the inset look of the dining room windows and panel below with recessed panels and trim out the rest with wood. Today, we framed around the windows to get ready to do just that. Below are the photos to show you just what I mean.


The lumberyard brought us the 2x4s we needed this morning, and we began by building the upper part of the inset above the windows facing the street. Mom inspected our work and helped hand us tools as needed.

Here is the finished header piece.

Dad and I then installed the framing that went on the side walls on the right and left of the windows. Then we took a break and talked over phase two of the project.

Next, we built smaller versions of the header framing to go above the windows on the north and south walls of the sunroom. We then climbed up on the ladders and nailed them in place.

Once the headers were in place, we were ready to add the rest of the framing around the side wall window areas.

We completed this much of our work by 5:00 this afternoon, when we decided it was quittin' time.

Tomorrow, we'll drywall the faces of the framing and buy the wood we need to complete the project detail work. It may not look like much now, but by this time on Monday, I expect it to be absolutely stunning. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home