Living on Lucky Street

This is the story of a girl who bought a house and lived to tell the tale. And yes, it's really on Lucky Street.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Punytown, Missouri, United States

I am "Master of English!" They still haven't sent me my tights and cape.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Drywalling the Sunroom

Today we put the final drywall on the studwalls we built for the sunroom. We got the big pieces ready to cut, and then Dad measured carefully so we didn't waste any of the leftover pieces.




By the end of the day, all of the drywall was on, and we measured for the wood that needs to trim out the windows. Then Dad went to Home Depot to buy all of the things we needed for tomorrow.

Unfortunately, when I was helping Dad, bring the wood for our sunporch project in from the truck, I tripped backwards over a ladder that was lying on the far side of the living room. With all of my weight I fell onto the ladder, but I threw my right hand back to catch myself. Bad idea.

The palm of my hand found the one 6 inch area in the entire house where the tackstrip from the old carpeting hadn't been removed. Five little nails went into my palm and two more went into my index finger. I've also sprained my wrist and bruised my hand pretty badly. Gah.

Well, if you never do anything, you never get hurt, right? Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow. We have a lot of work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home